As usual, we can’t wait to tell you about our new updates! This time we present the Ratings and Reviews feature. In short, this tool helps to do rating analysis with detailed statistics and forecast + it has a varied search by reviews. Detailed info is below. And, of course, saying a few words about the improved Search Volume.
Let’s explore the section using a typical situation: you want to improve your rating. But to proceed with the action, a detailed analysis is necessary. Also, all these tools help perform competitor analysis! You can form the list of competitors (you can add up to 20 apps) and try.
Start with the Rating Overview, selecting the needed time period.
- You can immediately observe the trend, growing or sinking of the rating. Infographics show the volume of reviews with detailed statistics on the number of stars by day. This is the basis for further work.
Analyze if this rating trend correlates with app updates in Rating by Versions field.
- In Rating by Versions field, you can track how users get these updates. You can easily compare percentage ratios of positive, neutral and negative reviews.
Use Rating Forecast to make a prognosis.
- Once you’ve got an understanding of the current rating trend (whether it is growing or sinking) and its reasons, it’s easier to build a strategy. The Rating Forecast will help you as well (it’s available for App Store). Take a look at how many 5 stars estimates you need to get the wanted rating.
Compare the volume of ratings.
- In the Rating field, you can quickly observe how the general volume of ratings is changing. Compare current statistics with the selected period. It’s super useful. This can be an indicator of the activity of your users.
Follow Appy‘s advices.
- And of course, if you are new in ASO, then Appy tips will help you to dive in.
The main feature of this section is an opportunity to filter reviews by different criteria. Even by certain words! And, of course, the full range of reviews is presented here.
Filter by rating.
- See why users who leave negative reviews are displeased. This is your growth area. You also can study positive reviews to evaluate the most attractive aspects of your app. Or you may find some insights. It can help you with marketing activities as well.
Filter by versions.
- Analyze how users rated your efforts and what you can add in the next update.
Filter by answered, not answered or updated reviews.
- So you can, for example, answer a user that you had fixed the bug they reported. Or evaluate the level of customer support by studying how customer-oriented you are and how well you work out the negative things. The next paragraph clarifies this.
Ask a user to change his rating if his problem has been resolved. It is convenient to track that through the updated reviews filter.
The icing on the cake is the Search. Enter the needed word and filter reviews by the specific word. It’s another tool for detailed feedback analysis. Plus, you can track how keyword indexing changes due to reviews. This is relevant for Google Play.
Improved Search Volume
To calculate Search Volume, we use a complicated formula and are systematically engaged in its optimization. It takes into account many parameters, among which, for example:
- Consideration of relevance of search tips;
- A filter that excludes obviously unpopular requests;
- Input language;
There are more than a dozen of them.
In App Store, we also use Search Ads for all available countries in the formula.
Keyword optimization is the foundation of text ASO. Therefore, a more accurate SV will simplify the choice between different keys and help you select the most suitable ones. This will drive relevant traffic to your app.
We hope you’ll like the updates. Feel free to write us feedback. You can leave it comments or at [email protected].