Live ASO audit of apps + bonus
Hi everyone! Catch our record of Live ASO audit of apps (pay attention it’s in Russian). Anyway, we made an abstract with the most relevant recommendations. It’s universal and useful.
ASO audit is an analysis of all the page elements in a store
- Text elements (title, subtitle or short description, full description and others);
- Indexing and ranking on keywords;
- Graphics (icon, screenshots, video);
- Rating and reviews.
An ASO audit is worth doing along with an analysis of the app’s internal metrics. It’ll help to find out the strengths and weaknesses of your ASO, form hypotheses, and get the foundation for a promotion strategy.
Universal ASO Graphic Tips
- Consider color themes of interfaces. The AppStore and Googe Play have dark and light themes. Your icons and screenshots shouldn’t merge with a dark or light background. You can add glow along the contour or gradients.
- Consider your competitors in search results. Your color scheme should differ, otherwise, users will be able to skip you.
- If you use mockups, use only current device models.
- Try this ASO kit to quickly add mockups and calls to action on screenshots.
- Don’t use more than 5 screenshots for one device.
- Get inspired by great apps and explore their promo materials. Often, the techniques used by them can be adopted.
- Some resources for inspiration: Scrnshts and Screenshotcreator.
General recommendations based on audited apps
- Use the Ukrainian locale for RU (Russia) and ES MX (Mexico) for US (USA). This will expand the semantic core and increase the audience of the app.
- Promote in-app purchases. With the app, they can get into the search results and increase the chances of installation.
- Try different hypotheses, even if you doubt their effectiveness. Do not neglect the experiments. Pay attention to the video.
- If you have a new app, use long-tail keywords (3-4 words) – there are less competition and traffic. But you can fix in good positions.
- Request feedback in the app.
- Respond to reviews. Even to the positive ones – you can ask a loyal audience to talk about your application.
- Take time for the ‘What’s New’ block.
The previous webinar
❗️Click to watch the previous webinar «How to make text ASO to improve app visibility».
Feel free to write at [email protected] 🙌