Checkaso 2.0: Keywords Explorer, Keywords Ideas & In-Apps Tool
We’ve thoroughly updated Keywords Explorer, developed a new index and launched two new sections at once. The first one, Ideas, segments all potential keywords, making it easier to collect semantics for ASO iterations. The second section is related to in-app purchases (IAP). As you know, they appear in search results by keywords and may affect app optimization on iOS devices. IAP analytics (both your own and those of your competitors) helps you promote more efficiently so that you can try to occupy more space of store search. Feel free to find more details below.
The most challenging thing in ASO is to collect the exact semantics that suits your promotion strategy. In 2020, the number of people who use store search to find apps has increased to 70%. This means that we have to pay a higher price now for errors in text ASO. We’ve created Keywords Explorer, the tool that makes collecting semantics an easy task.
- The main metrics are now available for each keyword: Search Volume (popularity indicator), Impressions (average number of impressions) and app ranking by keyword. It is now easier to prioritize keywords for ASO iterations.
- If you click on a keyword, store suggestions and actual apps will appear.
- You can find the keywords manually using the search string at the top of the suggests table.
- Keyword filtering got more options and became more detailed. We have developed 4 interconnected floating range filters. Filter out keywords based on metrics and keyword lengths (one to four or more keywords).
- Add search by keywords. If you have hundreds of tracked keywords on your list, you usually want to be able to find a keyword you need quickly and study the dynamics.
- Explore keyword data of your competitors by switching between apps in a single click.
- Look through the translations of all keywords by using the switcher. Localize your app quickly and efficiently.
- Make sure the data is as relevant as possible. Hover over any word in the table to see the time and date of information update.
This section is now more functional and more convenient. Collect relevant semantics in a couple of minutes. The tool is available for all plans and is unlimited for Growing Business and Publisher & Agency. Sign up for a demo to see the tool in action.
To many, text ASO turns up to be quite a boring routine as it may be difficult to navigate a sea of keywords, adjust your data, and find new ideas. We’ve created a tool that takes over this job. Essentially, it is a source of insights for search optimization and competitive analysis. Keywords are segmented here according to various parameters like frequency, keyword length, or app ranking by keyword. There are more than 10 lists available.
- Find the best keyword for your text ASO. Let’s say you have a new app. In this case, you should pick some low-frequency and mid-frequency keywords from the corresponding keyword lists. You can analyze your competitors’ keywords.
- If you activate the “Show tracked keywords” switcher, it will display the keywords that have already been added, along with potential ones. In such a way, you can see all keyword segments, how many keywords there are in them, and some ratios.
- Use search by keyword for detailed analysis. Each keyword can refer to several segments at once. A comprehensive overview will help to select the most relevant queries.
- This section also will help you localize your app. Just select a locale and use a translator. Keywords can be translated into English or Russian (depending on the interface language).
Insights for search optimization
You can select keywords according to various criteria. Checkaso already has some keyword lists ready for you. Besides, you can look through the same keyword lists selected for your competitors (even more insights!) There are more than 10 keyword lists that may be suitable for a range of promotion strategies and analysis formats.
- Welcome Keywords is a welcome keyword pack. Those are the keywords that may serve as a starting point when choosing semantics for ASO.
- Competitors Welcome Keywords is a welcome pack of your competitors’ keywords.
- Metadata Keywords are keywords and their variations that come from the metadata (title, subtitle, and so on) by which your app is indexed.
- Non-Indexed Keywords are keywords by which your competitors have been indexed, but you haven’t.
- Ranking Top lists are selected depending on how high your app is ranked by a certain keyword. By some keywords, you can rank among the top 1-5 or top 6-10. For some queries, your ranking may be lower – among the top 11-50 or below. Those are your growth areas.
- High-Frequency Keywords, Mid-Frequency Keywords, Low-Frequency Keywords are lists of keywords selected based on query frequency.
- Short Tail Keywords, Medium Tail Keywords, Long Tail Keywords are short (one word), medium (two to three words) and long (three to four words) keywords.
Choose keywords that are relevant to your current promotion strategy. Ideas is available for all plans – Startup, Growing Business, Publisher & Agency. If you still have questions, don’t hesitate to sign up for a demo.
Developers often don’t have a clue by which keyword App Store indexes their in-app purchases. How do IAPs change ranks? How well does the app title work in terms of search optimization? How do their competitors work with IAPs? We have created a tool that makes all this data available.
- Analyze all promoted in-app purchases of any app.
- Track by which keyword and how high a certain IAP is ranking.
- Study your competitors’ price change history.
- Monitor search results for all IAPs by all keywords.
If the selected app has more than one IAP, they will be displayed as a carousel. You can analyze every purchase in detail. Besides, you can view not only promoted purchases, but also all IAPs that are available in a certain app. To do this, use the switcher.
The pop up will display the IAP format (subscription or in-app purchase) and price (free trial or amount). To look at the price change history for the selected period of time, click the Price History button. This may be especially useful for competitive analysis. How are your competitors monetizing their apps? How often do they lower or increase the cost?
Each IAP will be displayed in search results by keyword. It’s quite important to analyze your ranking dynamics (1 to 100) and its ratio. How many keywords are there by which the IAP made it to the top? Are those values changing? How many keywords have growth potential? By using the switcher, you can analyze the dynamics by day, week, and month.
Below you can find a detailed distribution of IAP rankings by keyword for any given day. For some keywords, IAP ranking is getting higher, while for others it can drop. Let’s take a look at the top 21-50 as an example. It has 50 keywords. They could get there from both top 51-100 and top 11-20. In the first case, we call such keywords new in top (green delta). In the second case, we call them out of top (red delta). In the same way, keywords from that top could move in or out of top. These values are displayed in the second line.
The final tab shows search results of all IAPs for all keywords. Your IAPs will be highlighted. If you use the toggle switch, only you and your competitors will be displayed in the search results. Each keyword has a number of values:
- Popularity (Search Volume)
- Number of times the keyword has been displayed (Impressions)
- App ranking by keyword
When you click a value icon, a detailed chart with change dynamics will appear.
Take up more space of store search and get more organic traffic. In-Apps is available for all plans, except Startup. Sign up for a demo to see this tool in action.
Browse Visibility Index (BVI)
Often, the interpretation of data in ASO is challenging even to experts. Details of developer consoles, MMP systems and other sources are not linked in any way. It can be challenging to evaluate the success of your strategy. That’s why we keep developing our index system – to make the analysis as easy as possible. Browse Visibility Index is a new index that shows the level of app visibility in the Browse/Explore channels:
- Category Top Charts
- Similar/Related/Recommended Apps
- Featured Apps
Say, you’ve changed tags and worked on your app description on Google Play using Google Natural Language, and you got a 0.99 Confidence Score. Your goal was to increase impressions in Similar Apps. An increase in BVI will be a sign that the iteration is successful.
BVI will help you quickly detect and record changes in app visibility after each iteration or update, compare your app with those of your competitors, and track your progress using benchmarks by category.
Browse Visibility Index is available for all plans.
We can’t wait for you to take advantage of our new features and bring your ASO to the next level. Activate your free 7-day trial to see our new tools in action. If you still have questions, feel free to sign up for a demo.