How indices help to interpret data correctly and build your growth strategy?
On March 23th, we performed at the App Promotion Summit. Watch the record to understand what indices are and why they are important, how the indices system helps to interpret data correctly and build your growth strategy, and what are key metrics in ASO to track and collect. Extracts from the speech are below. Watch the record for the full experience. You’ll find the roadmap, where we have gathered all the indices and specified the influence on each of them and possible app promotion scenarios.
What’s the difficulty of getting started with ASO
- Lack of basic knowledge
- An overabundance of advanced information
- Not understanding where to start
- Difficulty in results assessing
The information from the developer consoles, MMP tools and other sources can’t be perceived as a whole. It’s difficult to interpret how efficient the current strategy is.
Why is the indices system effective?
- Data interpretation. Indexes collect and analyze data, showing you the result in a familiar system of perception. In number. For example, from 1 to 10.
- Source of insights. Indexes collect and analyze data, showing you the result in a familiar system of perception. In number. For example, from 1 to 10.
- Performance evaluation framework. There are ready sets of tools for assessment of iterations, indexes with different specializations — all this can be used depending on your project and tasks.
Let’s take a look at the index system. For now, we have developed 4 indexes:
- Search VIsibility Index (SVI)
- Browse Visibility Index (BVI)
- Performance Index (PI)
It helps to understand how efficiently the app page is optimized. This index is an express page audit. It evaluates:
- The efficiency of using the available characters and screenshots
- The number of ratings and the average rating based on category benchmark
- How popular keywords from your metadata are & their ranks
Search VIsibility Index (SVI)
SVI shows how effective the search strategy is within the Search channel, considering positions and popularity of key queries. The performance evaluation depends on the app category, within which the total number of possible impressions is estimated. It reflects the performance of:
- Keywords Rankings
- Keywords Popularity
- Installs / App Units
The index helps to evaluate the general level of iteration without going into detail right after the update, and focus on finding growth areas in the future using the related tools.
Browse Visibility Index (BVI)
Browse Visibility Index (BVI) shows the level of app visibility in the Browse/Explore channels. Browse/Explore traffic is generated by:
- Category Top Charts
- Similar/Related/Recommended Apps. This channel makes most of the traffic. Similar apps, in its turn, are affected by app category, text metadata and app stability.
- Featured Apps
It is the general indicator of attracting organic traffic performance from all channels, which includes many parameters, including those from previous indexes. Being the highly complex, Performance Index becomes the starting point for analyzing the whole ASO-strategy.
We’ve shared just a small piece of the information. Watch the video to dive into all the details and get the indices framework. The whole indices system is available at Growing Business and Publisher & Agency plans. Try it. We have free trials – no credit card required.