How an App from Tinkoff has Increased Search Installs by 70% with Checkaso
We will tell you what we were doing to increase views in search for an app from Tinkoff Bank on Google Play by 63% and installs by 70%.
Invest-Uchebnik (*that means Investment Handbook) is an app from Tinkoff Bank. It contains a free investment tutorial for beginners: ‘Quick and fun lessons on how to invest wisely when everyone around is going mad’.
Traffic from search on Google Play was generated primarily by branded keywords and installs from general niche keywords. The goal was to increase the flow of organic installs on Google Play in Russia.
Google Play indexes the metadata in all localisations. We have used this global indexing for search optimization in Russia. What exactly did we do?
- We have collected a semantic core with relevant and general niche keywords.
- We have optimized basic text elements (name, short and full description) using keywords.
- Besides text elements for the RU-locale, we have developed several versions of the title and short description (it’s the most significant elements for indexing) with different keywords.
- At the moment, the full description is done in one version. Along with app store optimization, we have increased its Confidence in the relevant category ‘Finance/Investing’ in GNL (Google Natural Language).
- We have published text elements in Russian language in several locales: Russian, Ukrainian, Belarusian, Armenian, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Latvian. Now, there are 13 locales involved.
With these actions, we have strengthened indexing and ranking. For sure, to compete for traffic with such high-frequency and general niche keywords like ‘stock’ and ‘investments’ is not an easy task. But it was easier to get things done with such a high-quality app:
- Crash & ANR Rate = 0.00%;
- Averaging rating = 4.9* (it is the highest compared to competitors);
- Positive up-to-date user reviews.
All this, for sure, has a beneficial effect on conversion and promotion. As a result, we managed to increase organic traffic flow.
⚡️+ 27 keywords in the top 1-5
⚡️+ 63% of views in search on Google Play
⚡️+ 70% of installs in search on Google Play
Also, let’s take a look at the indicators in Search Visibility Index. This index is an impartial assessment of the app visibility for search traffic, it shows how easy it is to find the app by keywords. The screenshots below show the SVI indicators ‘before’ and ‘after’.
According to the results of search optimization, the increase was 11% and the Search Visibility Index is 87%, which is one of the highest indicators in comparison with semantic competitors.
Let’s check KPI numbers. The table below shows traffic data for 30 days ‘before’ and 30 days ‘after’ — the source is Google Play search.
We should mention that the conversion rate from page views to app installs is lower compared to the median rate among similar apps. This is due to the fact that a group of similar apps is represented by eminent apps from the ‘Finance’ category — mainly banks, and we have a training app on the basics of investment. Also, high conversion of similar apps is provided by the prevailing traffic by their brand keywords, and Invest-Uchebnik competes by general niche keywords. That’s why it’s okay. But we continue to work on conversion optimization and test graphic elements.
Plus, we’ve started page optimization of the new app in the App Store and Huawei AppGallery. We will share case studies with you soon.
There is always the potential for growth. Expand and update the semantic kernel, optimize text metadata, experiment to increase conversion, and improve your app. The competition in app stores is high, but with a high-quality product and an integrated approach to mobile marketing, traffic is attainable.
We will gladly help you to achieve even greater results. Write to [email protected] to start.