From ads & searches to in-app purchase — user journey breakdown
The record of our webinar with Phiture is finally here and waiting to be watched. We discussed how ASO and paid channels work together and boost your app metrics. All this on examples of real cases. Also, we mentioned the best practices. Bonus for the curious ones: a few theses below that will interest you.
ASO и UA are friends forever 🤝
ASO. Most of the people use stores to search for apps and games. So ASO becomes a must step when working with promotion. In fact, an app without optimization does not exist (you cannot load an app without graphics and text elements). The question here is how consciously these elements are made, whether all the nuances, guidelines, algorithms have been taken into account.
UA. To enhance the effect of promotion, it’s necessary to use various tools, the most effective of which is UA. There are various ad platforms, but the main ones are Facebook and Google. There is also Apple Search Ads. ASA can objectively identify powerful and persuasive keywords that deliver revenue-driven actions.
That’s it. ASO and UA are the most important and fundamental tools. The webinar provides a detailed understanding of how these tools work. Explore effective strategies for launching, maintaining, and analyzing them.
Insights on Google App Campaigns (GAC) 😮
It can be optimized for an install, an action, or for LTV. Below are GAC Assets best practices from Phiture:
- Diversify. Use the maximum allowed number.
- Align with the campaign goal.
- Align with the theme.
- High quality.
- Slow, periodic refreshment.
- Should conform to Google Policies.
The synergy between ASA & ASO 🌀
- Metadata Update. Integrate keywords with high volume and good CVR in the metadata.
- Organic Uplift. Higher visibility for certain keywords. Additional downloads leading to an improved ranking.
- Creative Set Testing. Improve conversion rate by A/B testing different creative sets.
Optimal Keyword Set Generator 🙌
- We need keywords with high volume and great relevance. In ASA we look for generic & brand keywords with a high number of impressions and high conversion rate.
- Mark the top keywords ‘extremely relevant’.
- Generate optimal keyword set for App Store based on Relevance Score and Search Popularity.
- We test different creatives to understand their conversion rates and apply those learnings to our ASO efforts.
Post-install metrics breakdown 📊
Surprise! A number of installs ≠ success. There are different metrics that should be taken into account.
- External: impressions, views, installs.
- Internal: retention, crashes, purchases.
- To maximize the effect, use both ASO and UA strategies.
- Track mobile marketing trends to be one of the first to use them.
- Find your perfect set of KPIs and focus on it.
- Monitor external and internal app metrics together.
Check the webinar for more insights. Cases, practices, and (guess what?)… iOS14 overview in terms of IDFA tracking and changes for the UA teams.